Note - This isn’t the full Customs Process, just that which the Haulier needs to be aware of.
<< Click the process map to expand / download as a PDF >>
- For EU Export (for FR/EU Authorities) You will need one of the following to cross the border/check-in*
- Import Pre-Declaration Barcodes
- French Logistique Enveloppe - Any Vehicles Travelling in and out of France have the option of creating a “Logistiques Envoloppe”. This is essentially the same methodology as the GVMS, but for France. Hauliers can present either MRN(s) OR a Logistiques Envoloppe Barcode at the port. The benefit of using the Logistiques Envoloppe lies when there are Multiple MRN(s) which you can consolidate under 1 Barcode (the alternative being the Driver to present Multiple MRN(s) when arriving at the port. Again, it is the Transporters Responsibility to present MRN(s) or a Logistiques Envoloppe and check Status before arrival. Motis Free Flow can assist with generating Logistiques Envoloppe.
- TIR/ATA Carnet (if goods travelling under temporary admission)
- Transit Document (TAD) with MRN Barcodes (as required)
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above.
- For UK Import (for UK Authorities)
- From 1/1/21 One single GMR is not Mandatory - This is required on controlled goods and Transit from 01/01/21. Visit Healthcerts for more information.
- From 1/7/21 One Single GMR is Mandatory
- You can register for GVMS here.
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
- From July 2021 an ENS Safety & Security declaration will be required, this is ultimately the transporters responsibility to complete prior to departing FR Port (Motis is developing a system that will also integrate this into our booking system).
UPON ARRIVAL AT DOVER
- Unless instructed otherwise, hauliers may continue to final destination. Certain controlled goods may require further inspections or a journey to a border control point from July 2021.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!