Motis Ireland Ltd ("we", "us" and "our") operates www.motis.com, Motis Ireland Ltd. We are registered in Northern Ireland under company number NI043780 and have our registered office at 9 Downshire Place, Newry, Co Down, BT34 1DZ. To contact us, please email DPO@motis.com.
We respect your privacy. Any information you provide to Motis is confidential.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 the Data
Motis Ireland Ltd
- www.motis.com (marketing site/online account access)
- Motis Ireland limited
Together, these form "our services".
- Freight Ferries
Data you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in any forms on our services or by using our services, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our services or subscribe to any of our services, and when you report a problem with any of our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, vehicle registration number or financial information.
Data we collect about you. Regarding your use of our services, we will collect the following information:
- Company details including company name, contact details including email, phone and address.
- high level data about your service usage: Dependent on the particular service you use with us this could include service usage frequency (including date and time), vehicle type, spend, length of visits to truck parks, journey start and end, service types used from our range, and any phone number or email used to contact us. We may need additional customer documentation/data due diligence as required by current legislation.
What information is automatically collected when you visit our website?
When you browse on this site your e-mail address is not automatically collected but our server may automatically gather and store the following information about your visit:
- Your IP address.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The pages you visit.
- The date and time of your visit.
We analyse our website logs to constantly improve the value of the materials available on this website. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
When you make a booking using this website then we need to pass on the booking information onto the appropriate carrier the booking is with. We also need to retain this information for accounting and statutory purposes.
If you register with us for an account then we will retain your information so that you can rebook with us easier. You have the right to be forgotten and have these details deleted. If you would like your account deleted, then you can e-mail us from the email account that you used to set-up the account and we will delete your account. We will need to retain your booking information for accounting and statutory purposes.
The website and the data is stored in a secure data centre and while all reasonable efforts have been made to maintain a high level of security a determined hacker can work through even the most sophisticated security systems. We take your data protection very serious and therefore the data stored on our website is encrypted making this close to impossible to use in the event of a data breach.
This website using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which means that the forms are more secure when using WIFI or unsecured Networks.
This website is connected to a third-party payment processor in order to process payments. This website does not collect or store credit card details.
Data you give us. We use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about important changes regarding any of our services;
- where you consent, to inform you about promotional offers for marketing purposes
- where you consent, to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- for recruitment purposes, where you apply for a job to work with us
Data we collect about you. We use this information:
- to improve our services to ensure they are presented in the most effective manner for you
- to administer our services and for internal operations. These include: troubleshooting, data analysis, billing, research, and statistical purposes
- to provide you with support and adequately respond to individual needs
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure, including preventing account abuse and detecting possible breaches.
- to fulfill our legitimate interests (see legitimate interest section below)
Disclosure of your data. We will never sell your data and only share your data for the following
- Statutory requirements
- Carefully selected third parties (business partners, suppliers, sub-processors and sub-contractors) for the performance of any contract we enter with you as it relates to our legitimate interests that assist us in fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations (see legitimate interest section)
- Information is passed through third party CRM, Internet and email providers that assist us in fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations
Where your data is stored
The data that we collect from you via www.motis.com is stored on servers which are hosted in a secure location in England UK. We do not store or process individuals’ data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Our Legitimate Interests
To be able to provide you with our services, there is some processing and collection of your data that we carry out as part of our legitimate interests.
We use our, and carefully selected sub-processors', platforms to process your data for the following purposes:
- Administering your account and providing our service to you, including billing, account management, Customer communications and data analysis;
- Improving and maintaining our services by, analysis service usage of a customer, detecting and tracking service issues and by monitoring activity to provide customer support and conduct process improvement;
- Analysing account and payment trends to facilitate well informed business strategy decisions;
We will hold financial information as required by law.
You're able to subscribe and resubscribe from our services at any time so we will not delete your data unless you ask us to do so. Please see Your Rights, for more information about this. If you would like your data deleted now, you can email us at DPO@motis.com
- The right to access: you can request a copy of the data held and we will follow our internal procedures to provide you with the data that you request where we can, as required by law.
- To rectification: you can contact us to update or correct any of your information.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your data, in certain circumstances, by law.
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you can request to obtain your personal data to reuse with another service. When you request this, we will provide this data in a commonly used format.
Right to object or restrict: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and/or to restrict as you wish. For marketing you can utilise the unsubscribe links at the bottom of our emails.
If you'd like to exercise any of these rights you can email us at DPO@motis.com, or via the specified contact options in our services.