Note - This is a haulier’s guide for physical requirements to travel, not fiscal (full customs clearance), which we expect will be done by the importer/exporter.
<< Click the process map to expand / download as a PDF >>
Transit Registered in NCTS, Creates TAD
TAD MRN and Consignment MRN’s added > PBN
- Check in at Dublin/Rosslare (TAD Travels with Vehicle).
- Details of TAD Lodged in GVMS > Ship and Continue to Dover. via the GVMS system
- Before entering Kent, you, the transporter) MUST complete the Kent Access Permit – This is essentially a check list that is required to ensure you have the correct paperwork requirements. A Kent Access Permit will be issued:
- can include the option to complete the Kent Access Permit within the ferry booking process (although it is the Haulier's responsibility to ensure it is done).
Receive Kent Access Permit and Proceed to Port.
- Complete ENS for France.
CHECK IN AT PORT
- Present MRNS at Dover / Folkestone.
- Drivers of all loaded trailers must present the correct declaration MRNs to Check in Staff.
- Driver must inform check in staff if Vehicle contains animal products, fish or plant products.
LEAVING THE PORT
- Travel to final destination (If Authorised Consignee) or to Local Office of Transit for TAD Closure.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!