Note - This isn’t the full Customs process, just that which the haulier needs to be aware of.
Despite the fact that Northern Ireland is formerly part of the United Kingdom, there will still be some process requirements in bring goods from GB to NI. This is mainly due to 2 factors, firstly, Northern Ireland will remain to have the only land border with the EU (with the ROI), and this border will remain without controls / checks for free trade between NI and ROI. However, this is not the case for any goods originating in GB. Goods travelling to NI have a “risk” of being transported to ROI either immediately or at a future point. Secondly, there will be control points for certain controlled goods (generally goods of animal and plant origin).
- Safety and Security Declaration submitted to NI Customs - can help with this as part of booking process.
- Driver will require a copy of TAD.
- Transit declaration submitted to GB NCTS with office of destination in IE.
- GVMS Record created which will produce a GMR – Driver will require this at GB Port and NI Port.
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
- From 01/01/21 One single GMR is not Mandatory, via GVMS system - This is required on controlled goods and Transit from 01/01/21. Visit Healthcerts for more information.
- From 01/07/21 One Single GMR is Mandatory, via GVMS system
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
can assist in this if required.
- Goods Presented to NI Customs and S&S Control completed if required.
- Transit ended at Destination in IE
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!