Note - This isn’t the full Customs process, just that which the haulier needs to be aware of.
<< Click the process map to expand / download as a PDF >>
- GB Exporter arranges EAD export declaration (which in turn generates an EXS exit Safety and Security declaration.
- GB Exporter’s EXS/EAD Generates MRN (Movement Reference Number) that needs to be lodged to GVMS (Goods Vehicle Movement Service) which generates a GMR (driver will need this at UK border).
- Pre-Boarding Notification (PBN) needs to be created – This a virtual envelope which contains MRNs for each different consignment on board the vehicle. This can be done by the haulier, as they may be carrying multiple consignments for multiple importers/exporters. can create PBN as part of the ferry booking process.
- Irish importer arranges customs declaration (plus if controlled products/SPS importer (or their agent) completes TRACES & Border Control Post at port of entry min 24 hrs notice for these products).
- When booking a ferry, you must provide the PBN & GMR to the ferry company / booking agency.
- Prior to arrival, driver checks the channel look-up on Revenue IE website to see vehicle channel required upon arrival - Motis can advise as part of booking service.
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
UPON ARRIVAL AT PORT
- Driver provides PBN & GNR at ferry check in, boards ferry.
UPON ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION PORT
- Driver disembarks ferry, knowing which customs channel to report to (if any).
- If called to customs, driver self-checks in using PBN or vehicle reg number/trailer ID and parking bay number, and mobile phone.
- When space becomes available, driver receives a text, and proceeds, following the relevant signage.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!