Note - This isn’t the full customs Process, just that which the Haulier needs to be aware of.
<< Click the process map to expand / download as a PDF >>
- Transit Registered in NCTS, Creates TAD
- Lodge MRN / TAD Info on GVMS, via the GVMS system
- Complete ENS for France
- Before entering Kent, you, the transporter) MUST complete the Kent Access Permit if your vehicle is 7.5 tonnes or over – This is essentially a check list that is required to ensure you have the correct paperwork requirements. A Kent Access Permit will be issued:
- can include the option to complete the Kent Access Permit within the ferry booking process (although it is the Haulier's responsibility to ensure it is done).
- EU country of destination importer arranges local import entry and any other specifics for the goods. A visit to a border control post in Calais may be required for certain types of goods.
UPON ARRIVAL AT PORT OF DEPATURE
- Continue to Port or Customs Point (for Stamping is journey from Unauthorised Consignor)
- Present MRN’s at Port & Check in and Ship to Calais Multiple MRNs can be consolidated with the Logistic Enveloppe system.
UPON ARRIVAL AT PORT OF ENTRY
- Unless instructed otherwise, Continue to Delivery Point and Close TAD (Authorised Consignee) or Travel to nearest Office of Transit for TAD Closure and Onward for Final Delivery.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!