Note - This isn’t the full Customs Process, just that which the Haulier needs to be aware of.
Despite the fact that Northern Ireland is formerly part of the United Kingdom, there will still be some process requirements in bring goods from GB to NI. This is mainly due to 2 factors, firstly, Northern Ireland will remain to have the only land border with the EU (with the ROI), and this border will remain without controls / checks for free trade between NI and ROI. However, this is not the case for any goods originating in GB. Goods travelling to NI have a “risk” of being transported to ROI either immediately or at a future point. Secondly, there will be control points for certain controlled goods (generally goods of animal and plant origin).
<< Click the process map to expand / download as a PDF >>
- No Export declaration required.
- If SPS goods then Export Health Certificate required.
- ENS entry Safety and Security declaration is required 2 hours before vehicle arrives in NI (i.e. before ferry departs on short routes) - can assist in this if required.
- Import declaration will need to be pre-lodged (by importer)
- GVMS record will be created and the ENS added with entry reference – This creates a Goods Movement Reference (GMR) via the GVMS system – The driver will require this at GB exit and NI entry.
- If SPS goods then they will be required to pass through a Border Control Post on arrival, other goods free to deliver in NI.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!