Note - This not full customs clearance, the importer/exporter will normally complete this, below is what the Haulier needs to know/do.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT UK PORT
- Ensure that all MRN’s / GMR’s completed by Agent and Received by driver/provided to ferry provider.
- Pre-Notify Portbase - Portbase is the Dutch Ports management system, you can pre-register and notify yourself or we can assist as part of booking.
- If submitted to Portbase, Ferry company will automatically receive MRNs and other supporting documentation required by them.
- Additional information will be required as part of Dutch customs Safety and Security Protocol, the haulier is responsible for this, bookings can assist. Driver will require a copy of all documents including the MRNs before reaching the port. If required information not submitted then vehicle will not be allowed access to terminal.
- If transit movement then driver needs to have copy of TAD document
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
- From 01/01/21 One single GMR is not Mandatory, via GVMS system - This is required on controlled goods and Transit from 01/01/21. Visit Healthcerts for more information.
- From 01/07/21 One Single GMR is Mandatory, via GVMS system
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
can assist in this if required.
CHECK IN AT PORT
- Drivers of all loaded trailers must present the correct declaration MRNs to Check in Staff.
- Driver must inform check in staff if Vehicle contains animal products, fish or plant products.
- If goods are cleared by arrival time, vehicle free to leave port. If not then they will be placed under temporary customs hold until clearance is completed. MRN is typically used to clarify.
- For cargo intented to be delivered in EU countries other than Netherlands transit documents (TAD) with MRN barcodes will required to be present to the local customs office relevant to the delivery point.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!