Note - This isn’t the full Customs process, just that which the haulier needs to be aware of.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT UK PORT
- Please ensure that you / a declarant have pre-notified all customs documentation via RX Seaport
- Providing correct information is submitted to RX Seaports, the Ferry company will automatically receive the MRN’s and any other supporting documentation required.
- Belgian Customs require full Safety and Security information – It is the haulier’s responsibility to do this.
- Without the above information the Vehicle will not be able to enter the port.
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
CHECK IN AT UK PORT
- Drivers must present MRNs to check-in staff and inform them if their vehicle contains animal products, fish or plant products.
- Prior to arrival, the Driver/Haulier must check their status with Belgian Customs on any further checks that are required before you can leave the terminal.
- For cargo intented to be delivered in EU countries other than Belgium transit documents (TAD) with MRN barcodes will required to be present to the local customs office relevant to the delivery point.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!