Note - This is a haulier’s guide for physical requirements to travel, not fiscal (full customs clearance), which we expect will be done by the importer/exporter.
- ROI exporter arranges EAD export declaration which generates a Movement Reference Number (MRN) – EAD also generates an EXS Safety and Security Declaration (plus any extra arrangements for “SPS” controls if required).
- Pre-Boarding Notification (PBN) required at port (PBN is a virtual envelope containing all the MRN’s that are being exported on a particular vehicle, if FTL then will only be 1 MRN, if groupage then multiple, All MRNs are supplied by exporter(s). Motis Freeflow can create PBN as part of the booking process.
- GB import entry required and all GB import information loaded to GVMS (Goods Vehicle Movement Service) which creates GMR (Goods Movement Reference).
- Driver (or someone on their behalf - i.e. checks the Customs Ro-Ro service to confirm the status of the PBN.
- GMR is required by driver to enable to board ferry to UK
- From 1st July 2021 an ENS entry Safety and Security declaration is required (Motis Booking + will be able to provide this at the time).
- If controlled goods GB importer (or agent) books in to the Border Control post for arrival
- Clear message from Irish Customs
- Ensure all Customs declarations are pre-lodged (note this will generally not be the haulier’s responsibility but the Importer/Exporter.
- Create a PBN (1 Per Vehicle per Journey) - can assist with this.
- Input all MRN’s (Provided by Importer/Exporter) for all of the goods on the vehicle into the PBN. booking can assist.
- Issue driver with the PBN booking can assist
- Provide PBN to the Ferry operator upon Booking - booking can assist.
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
- From 01/01/21 One single GMR is not Mandatory, via GVMS system - This is required on controlled goods and Transit from 01/01/21. Visit Healthcerts for more information.
- From 01/07/21 One Single GMR is Mandatory, via GVMS system
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
can assist in this if required.
UPON ARRIVAL AT PORT
- Driver provides PBN at ferry check in, boards ferry
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis Freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!