Note - This isn’t the full Customs process, just that which the haulier needs to be aware of.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT BE PORT
- Ensure that all customs documents have been pre-notified via RX Seaport. This can be checked in advance to ensure terminal has received relevant documents. can assist.
- Exports from BE to UK receive export clearance in BE and must be predeclared for importation into the UK with a GMR (Goods Movement reference)
|Note - Please be aware that as the haulier, you will need this during the transit|
- If travelling using CTC (Transit), please ensure that Agents have completed relevant paperwork and the driver has a copy with them.
- Without the above-mentioned documents, vehicles will not be allowed to enter the port.
- For UK Export (for UK Authorities)
- From 01/01/21 One single GMR is not Mandatory, via GVMS system - This is required on controlled goods and Transit from 01/01/21. Visit Healthcerts for more information.
- From 01/07/21 One Single GMR is Mandatory, via GVMS system
* The Party arranging customs Clearance will be able to provide you with the applicable information above
CHECK IN AT BE PORT
- Drivers of loaded trailers must present the correct GMR and UK TAD to check-in staff.
- Drivers should inform check-in Staff of their vehicle contains animal products, fish or plant products.
CHECK IN AT UK PORT
- Drivers should follow the appropriate signs on disembarkation.
Motis can provide comprehensive Logistics and Operational facilities, including a full customs clearance service (Imports and Exports) for clients utilising our extensive distribution service/Logistics Services.
Services Provided include: -
- Cargo handling platform in Dover - 24 hours a day.
- Full customs clearance for cargos that we are distributing on your behalf.
- RH&D receiving cargo from inbound vehicles for next day delivery throughout UK & Ireland (ideal for smaller consignments/distanced locations).
- We can collect cargo from throughout the UK/Ireland to consolidate in Dover for collection (and prepare export documentation).
- LEZ deliveries included rigid vehicles and tail lift timed deliveries in Central London and other LEZ areas (goods delivered to Dover, we arrange onward shipment).
- Short/Mid/Long Term Storage.
- Pick and Pack & Parcel/Pallet distribution.
- Ecommerce Logistics – Bulk Parcel Storage & Distribution and Returns/Consolidation.
- Exports - Multiple Weekly Trucks available to Morocco, Baltic Countries and Turkey.
TO BOOK OR MAKE AN ENQUIRY PLEASE CALL
Allow Motis to support you through the new customs process when booking your ferries, by requesting the Motis Freeflow booking service. Motis freeflow adds value to the booking process for hauliers by supporting you to navigate, or complete all aspects of the new freight clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance
- Free up your time
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Avoid penalty fines
Take advantage of our expertise and support. We can help!