UK Clandestine Entrant Civil Penalty Scheme amendment from 13 February 2023
The UK Government has announced a package of reforms to the Clandestine Entrant Civil Penalty Scheme effective from Monday 13 February 2023.
The changes include:
- New maximum penalties for carrying a clandestine migrant
- A new penalty for failing to adequately secure a goods vehicle
- New regulations setting out vehicle security standards
- A new code of practice setting out circumstances in which the level of a penalty could be reduced
- New guidance for hauliers available in multiple languages.
You can find more information on UK Government’s website:
Civil Penalty Accreditation Scheme
Don't forget that as a member of the Civil Penalty Accreditation Scheme, if you can demonstrate that you are taking all the necessary measures to secure your vehicles and loads at all times, penalties may be reduced to zero.
Hauliers are strongly encouraged to join the Civil Penalty Accreditation Scheme by clicking on this link.